Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting Crafty

Hi all,

So I recently got addicted to Pinterest, especially the crafts and diy section. I have found some really cute things to keep me busy and off of the t.v. for a few hours a day :)

My loving and very patient husband went with me to Hobby Lobby to pick out some new craft supplies for a few of the things I want to try.

Believe me, the pile of new crafting supplies is still piled high in my craft basket- but here are some of the things I have created in the past few days....



Flower Hair Clips









I bought paper flowers in the scrapbooking section,
hair clips from walmart, and super glue
and made some new hair clips,
most of the time I attach them to headbands,
but since they are paper I have to make sure they don't go out in the rain!


Flower Belt









I used the same scrapbooking flower
with some ribbon to make a sash belt
to go on a new dress that I got from

Monogram



I found a chipboard J, some twine, and red yarn.
I used the hot glue gun to secure the beginning of the twine, then wrapped it around the J and glued the end. The yarn is tied into a Celtic Heart Knot.

Wire Words









I made this with the red yarn from the monogram heart,
and some 18Gauge jewelry wire.

Earring Board









This one is made from felt, cardboard, and ribbon.
Thanks to my sis Chels for the peacock earrings!


Stay tuned for more crafts :)

No comments: