Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sparkler Tie Day 10

Hi All!

Today I created a new tie, and I named it the Sparkler... here is why:

I worked at a fireworks warehouse this summer in Denver CO called Olde Glory Fireworks. It was a really awesome experience, especially after we closed on the fourth, because we got to light off a bunch of stuff! We sold all types of Sparklers, the Neon were my favorite- so hopefully soon I can get some Neon Sseko Ties and make my own Neon Sparklers! Haha! Today I randomly threw on a t-shirt, only to notice it was my Olde Glory T-shirt!
Sparklers are my favorite firework, especially because they are very colorful, and you can make any shape or design out of them by twirling and twisting... hmmm, sounds familiar... they sound like Sseko's!

Tonight for dinner we had my Mama's Tamale 'slop', and (also my Mama's) Black bean and corn salad. Of course I forgot that my Mom has always cooked for a large family (8 of us at one point) plus friends, extended family, neighbors, and exchange students. So I made the whole thing... for 2 people.... needless to say- we have two casserole dishes full of yummy Tamale Slop! Hahah! I only wish I knew someone, a neighbor or something who could benefit from it, I guess we will just have it as leftovers! For the next week!! I want to check in with my Mom before I post any of her recipes, so I won't post it tonight- but do know that it is really easy to make, and super delicious!

Good night from the depth of the 'pan'- Lawton OKLAHOMA!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Freeze it in tupperwares in servings...then you have another couple dinners already made, you can just pull it out before you leave for work when you know you have a long day and microwave it when you get home.