Monday, February 23, 2009

Costa Rican Adventure!

Hey Everyone! I have been back from Costa Rica for just over a week now. It was such an amazing experience! There is nothing like finishing school and taking off for two weeks to a tropical paradise!
The first "week" we spent time at El Castillo Inn, it is this small hotel up on top of a hill overlooking the ocean! It is so gorgeous there and very very relaxing! We went to Ventanas Beach, Chels and I went to Dominical- a small surfer town- and watched the sunset! I bought some small things in Dominical the next day, a sarong/dress thing with a blue morpho (the costa rican butterfly) on it, fish scale earings, a vase and bracelet.



We went up to Finca Bellavista to visit Dad and went ziplining to the treehouse! Saw dad's first property and hiked the road back. We actually went back the next day and zip lined again on our own, with no guide!! Friday we went fishing with some guys we met from the Finca, had lots of fun that night cooking it up and hanging out with the guys.



The second "week"





Saturday we headed out to the beach to Poorman's Paradise. I basically wouldnt mind living there the rest of my life, it truely is PARADISE! We had my birthday party on the beach, with music, dancing and FIREWORKS! Very cool way to celebrate your 18th! I went on an ATV to Drake's Bay one afternoon and had to learn how to actually drive it, while stuck on the bank of a river! haha! I saw a monkey with its baby while we were driving back.!


One day we went to Isla Cano and Chels snorkeled, and I watched, haha, I dont really like to snorkel. We spent the rest of the day on the beach relaxing and eating, we took a short hike until we were scared by something rustling in the bushes ahead of us!








The next day we went fishing again and ran into two "fish balls" where there are tons of dolphins and birds and of course fish. The second one we found had thousands of spinner and bottle nosed dolphins, so we took lots of videos and pictures! We didnt even catch our fish until we left the fish balls. I caught a small Yellow Fin Tuna maybe 15 lbs. MY FIRST FISH! We ate the fish for dinner, had it prepared as sashimi, ceviche, and grilled tuna. So good! We had a bonfire on the beach one night. Chelsea and I headed back to Sierpe, where Chels lives, on Wednesday so we could have a sisters day. We had lunch, got pedi and manis and went shopping before we had to head out to Golfito so I could fly home!
All in all the trip was AMAZING, and I had so much fun!
Here is a video of me ziplining!

1 comment:

junglej said...

SWEET VIDEO OF THE ZIP-LINING.
LUVYA