Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Testimony

Hi my name is Haley, I am 17 years old and I’m going to be a senior in high school. I was born and raised in Chico, California and just two years ago I moved to Oregon with my parents, leaving behind siblings, friends and great mentors. I grew up going to church and Sunday school so I have known Jesus as my savior since I was a small child. I have had my share of struggles and joyous times throughout my relationship with the Lord. But the past two years I felt like something was missing from that relationship and I wanted a closer relationship with God. God helped me realize that in order to have that closer relationship with Him I needed to have complete trust and faith in Him. He also showed me that He couldn’t do the work He desired in my heart unless I had that faith.
Matthew 17:20 says “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”
Mateo Diesisiete: veinte “Porque ustedes tienen tan poca fe- les respondio’-. Les aseguro que si tienen fe tan pequen~a como un grano de mostaza, podra’n decirle a esta montan~a: ‘Trasla’date de aqui para alla’’, y se transladara’.. Para ustedes nada sera’ imposible
In the past year I have learned a lot about stepping out in faith and watching the good things God does with that faith. Even just this past month I saw the benefit of stepping out in my faith because two of my good friends accepted Christ as their Savior! And even with this trip to Mexico I had to have more faith. I held back from signing up because I didn’t think I would be able to raise enough money to go. I showed my trust in Him by signing up and God showed His faithfulness by providing more than enough money! He truly showed me that nothing was impossible if you had faith.
I want to leave you with one of my favorite passages from the Bible, Hebrews 11:1, it says that “Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.”
Hebreos once: uno “Ahora bien, la fe es la garanti’a de lo que se espera, la certeza de lo que no se ve.”

2 comments:

Karen Sesnon said...

17.5 as of today....

Anonymous said...

Great testimony Haley, I love it!!! SWEET!!! Love ya Dad